4.17.22 - American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Class 2022:
Please refer to the email all members and lease members were sent on April 17, 2022.
Below is the form and all information pertaining to becoming a lifeguard for the summer of 2022.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Classes 2022
Annual Dues Invoices are being emailed:
Members and current lease members- be sure to check your email, 2022 annual dues invoices will be emailed to everyone on or after February 13, 2022. March 15th is the due date. *Paper invoices will NOT be MAILED. Check your email or login to your online profile to view and pay your invoice. Paying after March 15th will result in late fees.
NOTE: MHC uses the e-mail capabilities provided within this website. If you are a registered member of our pool, you should be receiving e-mails from us. However, if your e-mail address has changed and you have not informed us of this change or not updated your profile yourself, you will not receive e-mails.
If there are questions on ownership or selling your certificate of share please refer to the following page on our website. If you are placed on the Sell or Sell/lease list all members are responsible for paying Annual dues until the Certificate of Share is sold. Here is the link for more information.
Please remember to check your junk and spam folders. Also add the domain name of @mansionhouseclub.com as a safe website to visit and email@example.com as an address in your address book. Contact our WebAdmin if you have questions, the email can be found here.
*as stated previously to all members, MHC is going electronic everywhere possible. This saves in man-hours, in postage each year, and gives an immediate response. Checks are always accepted, simply view your invoice and send a check to the address at the top. If you are sending a check for payment please make the check payable to Mansion House Club and mail to: P.O. Box 30, Mt. Vernon, VA 22121
ANNUAL MEETING TO BE HELD 26 JAN VIA ZOOM 7PM:
Please check your email and or log into the Members Only area of the website to gather all documents and link to Zoom meeting.
Update from MHC President Jeff Dominski/ August 6, 2021 - The following Email was sent to all Shareholders, & Lease Members.
This email is to inform you that we were informed late evening yesterday, 8/5/2021, that an employee associated with our pool management company tested positive for the COVID virus. This person worked at the pool on July 31, 2021, during which time they may have been positive. The person has since been quarantined and is now testing negative for the virus.
In the interest of transparency and an abundance of caution, we wanted to share this information with our members so that anyone who patronized the pool during the above-referenced time frame can take the steps they feel necessary.
Update from MHC Board - We wanted to take a moment to let you know that guests are welcome at MHC, and passes are available for pickup at the front desk. Please check your email for details that were sent to all Shareholders and lease holders on 6-22-21.
Update from MHC sent to all Shareholders as of 5.12.21 Click here to download and read.
Update as of 4/30/21 from the Virginia Department of Health
Note to all Shareholders and Lease members, we will be opening on Memorial Day Weekend, and following the guidelines as they are set forth in the above link from the Virginia Department of Health. If those guidelines are updated we will update our policy as well. Please note, as of right now there will be no guest passes issued or for sale.
Update March 2021 from our President:
COVID 2021 The BOD has met, and we have every intention of opening on schedule (Memorial Day Weekend). Our fingers are crossed that positivity rates will continue to decline, and guidelines/restrictions will be eased. But, we are preparing in case they do not. Just as last year it will depend on what our federal, state, and local governments regulate. For example, last year we were restricted by the governor’s restrictions for outdoor pools. We are currently monitoring updates on restrictions for this year, and will communicate those as we learn more.
Update December 2020 & January 2021 (Annual Meeting Notice Information)
Members please check your MHC email accounts for the Annual Meeting notice that was sent out (multiple times). This email contains the Annual Meeting notice along with the Zoom information and important links for the Annual Meeting on January 26, 2021. If you can not attend the Annual Meeting via Zoom you can find the Proxy form within the email you received or find it along with all the other important attachments for the meeting in the secure Members Only area. Thank you.
Update July 13, 2020
Pool to open July 21, 2020
The Membership has decided by a vote of 55.05% to 44.95% with 218 respondents to open the pool. The pool will open on July 21, 2020. A SignUp Genius link to reserve a swim spot will be sent to all members via their primary email account and the link will also be placed on the "Members Only" page of the website on or before Monday, July 20, 2020.
Anyone who wishes to work as a lifeguard, please contact Cathie the VA Pools manager. She will be conducting interviews on the morning of Thursday, July 16th. Please contact Cathie via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you to all the MHC Members who took the time to take the survey.
Mansion House Club
Conditions for Phase III Pool Opening:
1) 75% occupancy - no more than 179 persons on the premises of MHC at any one time; to include 30 swimmers (max capacity at MHC), lifeguards and supervisors, if applicable, provided 10 ft of physical distance may be maintained between patrons not of the same household. Free swim is allowed.
2) Phase III allows the following activities: Free swim (30 person max) and diving, if applicable, provided 10 ft of physical distance may be maintained between patrons not of the same household.
3) Scheduled time slots via Signup Genius are every 90 min on a first-come, first-served basis and members cannot book a slot more than 1 week in advance.
4) A COVID-19 waiver must be signed (digitally) by members for each 90 min swim block that is booked online.
5) Face coverings are a requirement at check in and exit for adults, and recommended, but not required, for children over 10, in accordance with VDH guidelines. Face coverings for adults are also required whenever physical distancing is difficult, such as using the bathrooms. Once 10 ft apart again, face coverings can be removed. All will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to admission to MHC.
6) Only MHC members in good standing will be admitted. Waivers must be signed by all members 18 years of age or older. No guest passes issued or for sale.
7) Entering the pool will take place through the grill area and exiting through basketball area gate.
8) Shower must be taken upon entry to the pool, this has always been a MHC Pool Rule. Outdoor showers are provided. Members who do not shower will be asked to leave the property.
9) Members are not allowed in the Club House except for the bathrooms.
10) Members will be required to bring their own seating; seating must be 10 ft apart unless from the same household.
11) There will be a 30 minute break between each 90 minute scheduled slot so everything can be cleaned, disinfected, and made ready for the next set of swimmers and members entering the pool.
12) No children under 16 years of age will be admitted to the pool unless accompanied by an adult or family member 16 or older.
13) The following will be closed: kitchen, barbecue grills, food delivery and all vending machines (subject to change without notice).
14) The drinking fountain will be shut off, members must bring their own drinking water.
15) The baby pool will remain closed.
Q: Will the pool open in Phase III?
A: Yes, July 21st. A signup link for swim spots was sent to all members on July 19th.
Q: I’m a Full Shareholder 'Do I need to pay my dues if the pool was closed and now is open?
A: YES! All members are co-owners of the club and must pay Annual Dues on or before March 15th. If dues are not paid a late fee is applied, if after that dues are not paid members are marked as being 'not being in good standing' and bared from using the facilities.
Q: I’m a Full Shareholder and paid my dues, do I get a Refund?
A: The Board appreciates that all members are co-owners of the club and that the vast majority of members have already paid summer dues. Because of the delayed opening, we expect there will be a reduction in pool operating costs, but our club also has numerous fixed expenses, such as insurance, maintenance, and taxes, that will remain largely the same. If we have a cost savings on operating costs due to the delayed opening, the Board intends to pass those savings onto our members next year.
Q: When Is MHC hiring lifeguards for the summer?
A: All hiring inquiries should be sent now to Virginia Pool Services Inc., email@example.com/ 571-248-4400 or vapoolservices.com. If you know of any lifeguards who are current in their qualifications, please encourage them to apply with Virginia Pools and request to lifeguard at our club.
Please be sure to add our domain (mansionhouseclub.com) to your save domain list on your compute, this will ensure that you get all the emails that are sent to you. If you are not getting emails, please check your junk or spam folders.
Our priority will continue to be the health and safety of our members and those involved in our community.
Update July 10, 2020
A Revised Pool Survey was sent 7.10.20 and will close on Monday, July 13 at 12 noon. Members in good standing, lease check your primary email account to participate in the survey. Thank you.
Update June 26, 2020
A Phase III Survey was sent out tonight 6.26.20, please check your primary email account. Thank you.
Updated June 24, 2020
The Board is aware of the Governor's Phase III plans, and has been meeting to discuss a way forward. The board will be meeting again several times to continue this discussion the requirements that the pool must meet in order to open. As soon as a decision has been made on opening we will notify the membership.
June 22, 2020
Hello MHC Members,
This email is an update for you. Thank you to our members who took the time to take the survey regarding phase II. The response to the survey was an overwhelming desire not to open the pool in Phase II.
The Board monitoring the Phase III guidelines, and waiting for them to be published by the Governor, we are meeting weekly to review and plan as they progress. We will keep you updated with new information as we receive it.
Thank you for your corporation as members in this difficult time.