Update July 13, 2020
The Membership has decided by a vote of 55.05% to 44.95% with 218 respondents to open the pool. The pool will open on July 21, 2020. A SignUp Genius link to reserve a swim spot will be sent to all members via their primary email account and the link will also be placed on the "Members Only" page of the website on or before Monday, July 20, 2020.
Anyone who wishes to work as a lifeguard, please contact Cathie the VA Pools manager. She will be conducting interviews on the morning of Thursday, July 16th. Please contact Cathie via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you to all the MHC Members who took the time to take the survey.
Mansion House Club
Conditions for Phase III Pool Opening:
1) 75% occupancy - no more than 179 persons on the premises of MHC at any one time; to include 30 swimmers (max capacity at MHC), lifeguards and supervisors, if applicable, provided 10 ft of physical distance may be maintained between patrons not of the same household. Free swim is allowed.
2) Phase III allows the following activities: Free swim (30 person max) and diving, if applicable, provided 10 ft of physical distance may be maintained between patrons not of the same household.
4) A COVID-19 waiver must be signed (digitally) by members for each 90 min swim block that is booked online.
5) Face coverings are a requirement at check in and exit for adults, and recommended, but not required, for children over 10, in accordance with VDH guidelines. Face coverings for adults are also required whenever physical distancing is difficult, such as using the bathrooms. Once 10 ft apart again, face coverings can be removed. All will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to admission to MHC.
6) Only MHC members in good standing will be admitted. Waivers must be signed by all members 18 years of age or older. No guest passes issued or for sale.
7) Entering the pool will take place through the grill area and exiting through basketball area gate.
8) Shower must be taken upon entry to the pool, this has always been a MHC Pool Rule. Outdoor showers are provided. Members who do not shower will be asked to leave the property.
9) Members are not allowed in the Club House except for the bathrooms.
10) Members will be required to bring their own seating; seating must be 10 ft apart unless from the same household.
11) There will be a 30 minute break between each 90 minute scheduled slot so everything can be cleaned, disinfected, and made ready for the next set of swimmers and members entering the pool.
12) No children under 16 years of age will be admitted to the pool unless accompanied by an adult or family member 16 or older.
13) The following will be closed: kitchen, barbecue grills, food delivery and all vending machines (subject to change without notice).
14) The drinking fountain will be shut off, members must bring their own drinking water.
15) The baby pool will remain closed.
Q: Will the pool open in Phase III?
Q: I’m a Full Shareholder and paid my dues, do I get a Refund?
Q: When Is MHC hiring lifeguards for the summer?
A: All hiring inquiries should be sent now to Virginia Pool Services Inc., email@example.com/ 571-248-4400 or vapoolservices.com. If you know of any lifeguards who are current in their qualifications, please encourage them to apply with Virginia Pools and request to lifeguard at our club.
Our priority will continue to be the health and safety of our members and those involved in our community.
Update July 10, 2020
A Revised Pool Survey was sent 7.10.20 and will close on Monday, July 13 at 12 noon. Members in good standing, lease check your primary email account to participate in the survey. Thank you.
Update June 26, 2020
A Phase III Survey was sent out tonight 6.26.20, please check your primary email account. Thank you.
Updated June 24, 2020
The Board is aware of the Governor's Phase III plans, and has been meeting to discuss a way forward. The board will be meeting again several times to continue this discussion the requirements that the pool must meet in order to open. As soon as a decision has been made on opening we will notify the membership.